Aftermarket GPS Navigation Head Unit is specially designed to upgrade Audi Q5(B8) 2008-2017 factory radio system. It has the same plug and harness as the original radio, plug-and-play. However, this product only replaces the original LCD screen unit and retains the factory FM/CD head unit, so the original Audi car computer/CD/FM/AM/Sirius/XM will still work as before.
Audi Q5 left hand drive(Type 8R: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017)
Before placing the order, you need to know the following items about your car:
1. What is the current radio system on my car?
|Audi Radio system||Display||Software version||Fitness|
|Chorus with MMI 2G Low/Basic||3-inch monochrome display||/||NOT FIT|
|MMI 2G High navigation system||6.5-inch monochrome display||/||NOT FIT|
|Concert/Symphony basic radio(no navigation)||6.5-inch TFT color display||/||FIT|
|MMI 3G Low/Basic navigation system||6.5-inch TFT color display resolution 480*240||BNAV||FIT|
|MMI 3G/3G+ navigation system||7-inch TFT color display resolution 800*480||HN+||FIT|
|MMI 3G High navigation system||7-inch TFT color display resolution 800*480||HNav||FIT|
Send a photo of the dashboard(radio system) to us if you are unsure about fitness.
2. If your car has an MMI system, you can use the original joystick and touchscreen to operate the new Android screen.
You can still use the original joystick to operate the original Audi screen. However, the touchscreen does not work on the original Audi screen.
3. Please press the MEDIA button on the radio panel and check the audio source options.
If your car has the AUX(External audio input), you don't need the AMI-AUX cord.
If your car has the AMI, you must use the Audi AMI-AUX adapter cord. Otherwise, there will be no audio after installing our product.
Factory radio system
|CPU||8*ARM Cortex A53 1.8GHz 14nm(Qualcomm Snapdragon 450)|
|Display||10.25" 1920*720 Capacitive Touch Screen|
|SD card||One micro sd card slot|
|USB port||Three USB ports|
|Camera Input||One camera input(RCA port)|
|GPS receiver||Built-in GPS module and external GPS antenna|
* Free maps preload and free updates
* Remain the original AUDI CD player
* Remains original AUDI AM/FM/Sirius/XM tuner
* Support Apple Carplay with iPhone
Bluetooth* Hands-free phone call
* Load the phone book from your mobile phone
* Bluetooth music stream A2DP
* Internal Microphone
* Compatible with iPhone & Android mobile phones
Android Auto* Support Android Auto with Android phone
Backup Camera (Camera is optional)
* Display reverse image automatically
* SD card/USB music, video, photo, and ebook
TV(TV tuner is optional)
* Support ATSC
DVR(Camera is optional)
* support forward video recorder while driving
* Remain original steering wheel control
AUX* One channel A/V input for external device
Google Play* Android Market provides numerous apps download,
such as Skype/MSN/Youtube/Twitter/Facebook
free download as much as you need
* Wi-Fi/4G LTE
Is this product plug-and-play? Do I need to program or code my Audi? Do I need to buy an external GPS antenna? Can I still check the car info on the OEM screen?
Answer: Yes, it is plug-and-play. It has the same plugs and harness as the original Audi system. You do not need to program your car when installation. All necessary accessories are included in the package. You do not need to buy anything else to make it work. You can still check the original Audi car info as before.
How do I switch the new upgrade system to the original Audi interface?
Answer: Please tap the "Original" icon on the home screen to switch to the original Audi interface.
How do I switch the original Audi interface to the new upgrade system?
Answer: Please tap the screen.
Why is there no audio from the new upgrade system?
1. Please press the MEDIA button on the radio panel and check the audio source options. Make sure the External Audio input(AUX) is activated.
Note that if your car has the AMI option instead of AUX, you need to plug the Audi AMI-AUX cord(this cord is sold separately) into the AMI port in the glove box on the passenger side. After plugging this cord, the AMI will change to AUX on the screen.
2. Then tap the screen to access the new upgrade system. You should be able to hear sound.
Why does it not power off when I shut down the car?
Answer: Please ensure the CANBUS connector is connected behind the climate control panel, as shown below.