Aftermarket GPS Navigation Head Unit is specially designed to upgrade AUDI A8(D3/D4) 2002-2017 factory radio system. It has the same plugs and harness as the original radio, plug-and-play. This product only replaces the original LCD screen unit and retains the factory AUDI FM/CD head unit, so the original Audi car computer/CD/FM/AM/Sirius/XM will still work as before.
AUDI A8 D3(2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009)
AUDI A8 D4(2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017)
Note the screen is fixed. It does not flip down like the original Audi A8 display screen.
How to Remove Display from 2004 Audi A8 D3(2002-2009): https://youtu.be/wgs9ix7RX9U
Audi A8(D3/D4) 2002-2017 Aftermarket Radio Upgrade Installation Guide: https://youtu.be/5XDQae8PNP8
Audi A8 D3 with AMI Connection Map
Before placing the order, you need to know the following items about your car:
1. What is the current radio system on my car?
Send a photo of the dashboard(radio system) to us if you are unsure about fitness.
2. You can still use the original joystick to operate the original Audi screen. The touchscreen does not operate the original Audi screen.
3. Please press the MEDIA button on the radio panel and check the audio source options.
If your car has the AUX(External audio input) or AMI option, you can install our product. If it does not have AUX or AMI option, then you can not install our product. There will be no audio after installing our product.
Factory radio system
|CPU||64-Bit 8-Core 2.0GHz|
|Display||12.3" 1920*720 Capacitive Touch Screen|
|USB port||Tw0 USB ports|
|Camera Input||One camera input(RCA port)|
|GPS receiver||Built-in GPS module and external GPS antenna|
* Free maps preload and free updates
* Remain the original AUDI CD player
* Remains original AUDI AM/FM/Sirius/XM/DAB tuner
* Support Apple Carplay with iPhone
Bluetooth* Hands-free phone call
* Load the phone book from your mobile phone
* Bluetooth music stream A2DP
* External Microphone
* Compatible with iPhone & Android mobile phones
Android Auto(optional)* Support Android Auto with Android phone
Backup Camera (Camera is optional)
* Display reverse image automatically
* USB music, video, photo, and ebook
TV(TV tuner is optional)
* Support ATSC/DVB-T/DVB-T2/ISDB-T
DVR(Camera is optional)
* support forward video recorder while driving
* Remain original steering wheel control
AUX(optional)* One channel A/V input for external device
Google Play* Android Market provides numerous apps download,
such as Skype/MSN/Youtube/Twitter/Facebook
free download as much as you need
* Wi-Fi/4G LTE
Is this product plug-and-play? Do I need to program or code my Audi? Do I need to buy an external GPS antenna? Can I still check the car info on the OEM screen?
Answer: Yes, it is plug-and-play. It has the same plugs and harness as the original Audi system. You do not need to program your car. All necessary accessories are included in the package. You do not need to buy anything else to make it work. You can still check the original Audi car info as before.
How do I switch the new upgrade system to the original Audi interface?
Answer: Please tap the "Original" icon on the home screen to switch to the original Audi interface.
How do I switch the original Audi interface to the new upgrade system?
Answer: Please tap the screen.
Why does it show a black screen with no signal when tapping "Original" to switch back to the original Audi interface?
Answer: Please check the CAR-LVDS port. Make sure you connect the LVDS plug (removed from the OEM screen) to the new screen.
Why is there no audio from the new upgrade system?
1. Please press the MEDIA button on the radio panel and check the audio source options. Make sure the External Audio input(AUX) is activated.
Note if your car has the AMI option instead of AUX, then you need to plug the Audi AMI-AUX cord(this cord is sold separately) into the AMI port in the glove box on the passenger side. After plugging this cord, the AMI will change to AUX on the screen.