If you do not want to drill any holes in your vehicle to mount a camera, then this is the perfect back-up camera for you! Simply unscrew your license plate, and then screw it back on with te lincense plate frame. This is a 5 minute install!
We recommend the Wireless Transmitter/Receiver For Backup Camera together with this license plate camera. The wireless kit will make the install a breeze, since you will not have to run the video cable from the rear of the vehicle up to the dashboard.
- Support infrared night vision system
- Displays Guard Line on the reverse image
- Automatically display reverse image when you put the gear in the reverse
- License plate frame style, no need to drill hole
- Designed is reference to the original car style, installation is simple and beautiful, totally plug and play
- The original Sony CCD chip, clear and stable image
- With wide-angle glasses lens, wide viewing angle without dead corner
- Using a unique production process, waterproof tight durability
- Multiple circuit protection design, stable and reliable quality
Here you will plug in the backup camera/video port cable which came with your nav/stereo unit. Plug the receiver camera plug (yellow) into the yellow plug on the port cable. Here is the tricky part: In the license plate kit there is a black wire with a connector on one end and bare wires on the other. It says it is supposed to connect to the camera. Use this to connect to the power connector on the backup camera/video port cable and then splice the wires into the wires on the receiver. And that's it!
To test this, turn on your car and put it into reverse. If everything is working correctly, you should see a camera view directly behind your vehicle. DON'T FORGET TO TAKE OFF THE LENS CAP! I spent 10 minutes looking for a wiring issue when my camera came up with a blank screen. As it turns out, I had simply forgotten to take the lens cap off of my camera after I had installed it (they really should put this as something to check for in the FAQ).
After installation, everything worked beautifully. The camera turns on automatically when put in reverse and changes back (after a brief and annoying lag) once it is put in drive. I am only giving this item four stars because of the complete lack of documentation. I would, however, recommend this product.